Become an Innovative Education Leader
The University of Findlay’s online Doctor of Education (Ed.D) Program prepares teachers and administrators who are passionate about improving the practice of education through strategic planning, effective communication, and critical thinking. Emphasis in the Ed.D. program is on translating research into effective systems of instruction, supervision, and leadership.
Findlay’s online Doctor of Education Program has been named as one of the best in the nation for 2023 by BestColleges.com.
EDUC 713 – Innovation and Information Literacy
EDUC 715 – Inviting Environments to Facilitate the Affective Domain
EDUC 703 – Policy Analysis: Political and Legal Principles
EDUC 707 – Global Dimensions and Perspectives on Diversity
EDUC 705 – Strategic Planning and Continuous Improvement
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution, with the possible exception of first-professional doctorate-degree holders, specifically when no master’s degree was offered (e.g., DPT and PharmD).
- Minimum graduate grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Two letters of recommendation, which include an assessment of your ability to perform doctoral-level work.
- Official transcripts, which can be in the form of attested credentials from a University-recognized document verification agency, of all graduate-level work.
- Curriculum Vita or resumé.
- Statement of research interest.
- Scholarly writing sample.
- Interview (in person or online) with College of Education faculty.
If your native language is not English and you have not graduated from an English speaking university in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland or Canada, you must also submit an English language test score. You will be either directly admitted or conditionally admitted based on your English language test score. Visit the international admissions website for more information.